Saturday, September 28, 2019

Beyond the Light

Photo Source Courtesy of Alastair Magnaldo


What is it that I see, could it be a playground?
No swings nor slides just ladders and ropes.
Brightly shines the ball of light, should I dare hope!

Where does it lead?  Up and Up some children go;
before me others dare to see the mystery.
They climb and hoist themselves up ropes and ladders.

Shall I too escape the sand and dunes of nothingness,
to be filled with the light of wondrous joy that
 lifts us up and out of this despair.

I to shall follow the light of a new future that
SHINES BRIGHT.

©Regina Phillips 2019

16 comments:

  1. A wonderfully optimistic interpretation of the photo. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your questions of hope that flow here. Inspiring thoughts and beautiful poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hope that fills this poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the reflective tone. It matches the image so well. I can see the child thinking these thoughts, hoping for light...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magaly, I dare say I envisioned myself as the little one here.

      Delete
  5. The dunes of nothingness is a strong image. I like the image of the light being hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love a future as bright as that... but maybe it is if we just have the courage to climb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This shines so brightly with hope..We all need it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I glad to read a positive account of anything these days. Nice, Regina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your closing lines, climbing up into hope.........lovely and bright.

    ReplyDelete

Jam Session

The Sunday Muse Photographed by Dennis Stock ” An impromptu set as we sit and beat thoughts of nothing thoughts of what was thoughts of what...