Friday, March 1, 2019

Moriggan

"Be Free" by Magic Love Crow

The Sunday Muse #45
Photo Courtesy of "Be Free" by Magic Love Crow

Shadows of black and white,
an interlude of gray.
Corvusheart and AmazonWarrior,
heart to heart.

What thoughts are transpiring?

United as one in battle,
dependent on one another.

Amazon Warrior will you save me from the
despair of flightless battle as you emerge?

Yes, Corvusheart, as the battle ensues
your Goddess of War and Death, Moriggan,
will defeat those who desire to ensnare you.

Corvusheart your intelligence and adaptability
Is now mine to use as we surge into battle.

Upon victory we shall be whole again.

© Regina Phillips 2019

8 comments:

  1. Love the union of fighter and lover in this piece Regina. May they truly have victory. This is a stunning and lovely story poem. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is one I think I could probably turn into a Prose. Maybe if I finish my homework tonight by 7 pm I will have time to do the Prose you and Magaly mentioned. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Great storytelling and totally capativating, Regina. I read it 4 times . . . loved it . . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eddie, I'm searching within for depth.

      Delete
  3. I really love the thought of victory signifying wholeness. In a world where war leaves everyone broken, a fight towards getting closer says wonderful things.

    P.S. I like this spelling of Moriggan. Never saw it like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love "Corvusheart" and just the whole bold feel of the piece.

    ReplyDelete

Jam Session

The Sunday Muse Photographed by Dennis Stock ” An impromptu set as we sit and beat thoughts of nothing thoughts of what was thoughts of what...