Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Taking Flight




The Sunday Muse #54
Photo courtesy Robert Langham

Life is a balancing act as fragile as a baby bird
At time sending me into spirals as black as a crow
And other times granting me a glimmer of light

Surviving life on the edge then finding the courage
to step off the ledge and soar to new heights
reaching, discovering and attaining everything
that was once beyond my reach

No longer locked in darkness
chained without chains

Faith restored
strength regained
my voice being heard
self-awareness preserved

©Regina Phillips 2019


4 comments:

  1. I think this is my new personal favorite of your poetry Regina! "No longer chained without chains" So much wisdom in this one! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie, I love the pictures presented in each prompt, I think they are therapeutic in many ways.

      Delete
  2. I was caught right from the line " into spirals as black as a crow". Gorgeous stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Jam Session

The Sunday Muse Photographed by Dennis Stock ” An impromptu set as we sit and beat thoughts of nothing thoughts of what was thoughts of what...