Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Holding On


Photo courtesy of Gypsyugal (Pexels)

As a tree stands tall and proud
I receive that strength each day
like a carefree leaf blown by the wind
to travel to and fro living life as I so desire

Standing tall
Holding tight to my beliefs
As you hold onto your roots deep in the soil
Unmovable
yet growing
Spreading like wildfire

Living
Breathing
Changing
Growing

As a tumultuous wind blows
Leaves shake up down and all around
Applauding you
Grateful for the shade the cool breeze
and the strength to keep it together

©Regina Phillips 2019

The Wednesday Muse #10

6 comments:

  1. Love the connection here between trees and man and true strength! Wise and beautiful Regina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie, That's what I was going for! I feel I lost a little of that in the last 5 years and I am in restoration mode. I truly thank you for encouraging me to write and draw!!!!

      Delete
  2. Love the mediation between strength and freedom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C. Sandlin, I never thought I had those feelings about a tree until I wrote it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks purplepeninportland, I am so new to writing and writing poetry. I was not one to journal in my youth, but life and relationships makes you feel some type of way! :)

      Delete

Jam Session

The Sunday Muse Photographed by Dennis Stock ” An impromptu set as we sit and beat thoughts of nothing thoughts of what was thoughts of what...