Sunday, April 14, 2019

Finding Peace

Photo by Pixabay at Pexels

Linking with the The Sunday Muse for Muse # 51


I stand outside these beautiful stained windows
a frail and tortured soul
Reluctant to enter and find solace

In need of a word of guidance to free me from the
turmoil that sets me on end

I stumble up the stairs and into the foyer, a breath to behold
Beauty abound, more color in than out
Enough to lighten my heart and reawaken
The emptiness that has engulfed me

A message from above:

          Fear not, for I am with you   Isaiah 41:10
          Your strength is in you through me 2 Corinthians 12:9

©Regina Phillips 2019




8 comments:

  1. A poem of hope! Love the line "more color in than out" and the encouragement of the speaker's doubt but willingness to trust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C. I hoping to get past poems of hope, but life and this chaotic world is sometimes heavy. I hope to be brighter in the next prompt.

      Delete
  2. This is true to humanity's need of God Regina! Heartfelt and written beautifully! I too love the line "more color in than out." So true and wise! Love the added scriptures as well! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Carrie, sometimes we must just let go. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. This is so hopeful and beautiful. Wonderful write, Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hakana Matata! Either is fine. Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  5. "more color in than out" - I like that line and the hope felt throughout the poem.

    ReplyDelete

Jam Session

The Sunday Muse Photographed by Dennis Stock ” An impromptu set as we sit and beat thoughts of nothing thoughts of what was thoughts of what...