Monday, April 8, 2019

I Wonder


Photo by Lukasz Dziegel from Pexels

A beautiful sunny day, a treasured find.
Serene country life with
green pastures as far as the eye could see.
Oh to relish in this fresh open air, stress free.

I stumble upon closed doors,
I peer inside the locked barn doors and
wonder what is it that is hidden.

Perhaps Bonnie and Clyde have hidden their ride
Or Secretariat is secluded from roaming eyes
Whatever the case, the mystery remains.

I shall continue my stroll and not become a sunter,
While daydreaming of what could be, should be or would be.

What story befalls these closed locked doors,
This city girl shall never know.

©2019 Regina Phillips

9 comments:

  1. I love your imaginings of what could be inside. Clever write, Regina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am striving for more of it in these prompts.

      Delete
  2. Hi Regina, love the endless list of possibilities behind what might be behind those locked barn doors, including Bonnie and Clyde's ride. A mystery that remains . . . wish someone would find the key. I want to know as well. Beautifully written . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wonder and wistful thoughts in this. Lovely writing as always Regina.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Carrie, that's the feel of country life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the way the the stroll both brought out her curiosity but then allowed her to leave it as intriguing possibilities only. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks C, I too enjoy strolls and imagine possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The curiosity in this brings smiles to my face. The "what" behind the doors. And then you leave it, carrying on your stroll.

    ReplyDelete

Jam Session

The Sunday Muse Photographed by Dennis Stock ” An impromptu set as we sit and beat thoughts of nothing thoughts of what was thoughts of what...