Monday, April 29, 2019

What Lies Ahead

The Sunday Muse #53
Photo by Josiel Miranda from Pexels

Lying here with thoughts of
how have my steps led me to here
I see myself dreaming with my eyes open
Longing for what could be

Plans of escape do not escape me
the howling winds and pitter patter of rain
help to formulate my plan of escape

I see my departure along the dock
ready to weather the storm and
return to a life of pleasure and peace
that has escaped me thus far

To regain a childhood lost and
become a woman of free will
with ease of voice and one
who makes her decisions
as she so desires

The choice is now mine
what shall I do
escape or stay

Years of fear and control
have clouded and altered my mind
a spark of will has ignited and refuses
to be extinguished

I shall sail to freedom 

©Regina Phillips 2019


4 comments:

  1. Freedom must win . . . but don't be lonely . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A freedom well deserved Regina! I love the line, "plans to escape, do not escape me"! A wonderful and hopeful vision ahead. I love the message and the poetry that holds it! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Plans of escape do not escape me
    the howling winds and pitter patter of rain
    help to formulate my plan of escape"

    Sail away!

    ReplyDelete

Jam Session

The Sunday Muse Photographed by Dennis Stock ” An impromptu set as we sit and beat thoughts of nothing thoughts of what was thoughts of what...